via The Blaze
by Jason Howerton
Not only were “stand down” orders given on the night of the deadly Benghazi terrorist attack, they were given in multiple locations, sources on the ground that night tell Fox News. Further, closed-door testimony given by CIA staff and various contractors “appears to bolster claims that more could have been done by U.S. personnel to respond.
Despite some media reports claiming that there were no stand down orders given on Sept. 11, 2012, sources who were there are telling quite a different story.
Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) said there “clearly were stand down orders given to people not only in Benghazi, but also in Tripoli and the State Department’s counterterrorism team.”
Transcripts of the Benghazi witness testimony is classified. It is now up to lawmakers with access to the testimony to piece together exactly what happened. Some committee members also want more information, including phone records.
“The good news is we have the transcripts. We’ll sit down, go over all the transcripts and we’ll fill-in all the gaps. That’s why this part of it was so important,” Rep. Mike rogers (R-Mich.) said.
“Eight men, either CIA staff or contractors, have now testified before the House Intelligence Committee about the night last year when four Americans were killed in Benghazi, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens,” FoxNews.com reports.
Rep. Tom Rooney (R-Fla.) also challenged the Obama administration’s assertion that there wasn’t enough time to respond to the attack.
“OK, fine. But how did you know when it was going to end? Even if it was at the 11th hour, so to speak, why wasn’t help on the way?” he said.